Staying reachable at home as Voys customer
on 17 March 2020
How do you do that?
Our customers frequently ask us questions about how to set up your telephone so your company and your colleagues can work from home optimally and stay reachable.
It depends a bit on the scenario, so here are a few different options. If your scenario is not listed here, you can search our knowledge base to see if you can find the answer.
- I want to forward my company phone number to my home phone/cell phone.
- I’m taking my VoIP phone from the office and want to use it at home.
- I don’t have a VoIP phone at home but do want to be reachable.
- I want to use a conference to collaborate with multiple colleagues.
I want to forward my company phone number to my home phone / mobile phone.
This is quite easy to set up. To do this, log in on freedom.voys.co.za.
- Go to ‘fixed/mobile’ and add the number you want to forward to.
- Then go to ‘Dialplan’ and change the dial plan for your company number there. The first step is to add your newly created call forwarding number. Save and you’re done.
- If you answer the same number with several colleagues, you can also create a Call Group with several mobile phone numbers and then add this Call Group as the first step…
If you can’t find the answer with this brief explanation, you will find the detailed how-to here.
I’m taking my VoIP phone from the office and want to use it at home.
Fixed desk phone
At your workstation, disconnect power and network cables and take them with you.
Connect your phone at home to the router/modem of your internet provider and wait a minute. Your phone should then start working immediately.
Wireless DECT phone
- Remove the base station (usually a small black box) from the router/switch and take the network cable and power adapter with you.
- Take the handset and charging cradle too.
- Connect the base station to your router/modem at home. Your handset will find the base station within a few minutes and you will be able to call again immediately.
In both cases, you can use the phone as if you’re in the office. You don’t have to change anything on Freedom.
I don’t have a VoIP phone at home but do want to be reachable.
We have a few options for this:
- See scenario 1: redirect your phone number to your mobile phone and/or that of your colleagues.
- Use our webphone. It’s a software phone on your computer / laptop. You do need to have a good headset. Check out this manual to set up the webphone.
- Use the Voys App for Android or iOS.
I want to use a conference to collaborate with multiple colleagues.
We have a Conferencing feature on Freedom where you can easily collaborate with multiple people. It works completely via the internet so you don’t need any conference phones or other hardware for this.
Your colleagues just dial the Conference number. This can be done via a Voys VoIP phone, simply by calling an internal extension number. But you can also connect via an external phone number if your colleagues use a mobile phone, or if you want to consult with external parties.
Good luck with working from home!
These are the most frequently asked questions about working from home. If you don’t manage, or if you have other questions, we’d love to hear from you. We also work remote from time to time, so we are field experts. 🙂