Accounts Administrator (Management), Bookkeeping, Accounts Receivable, Debt Collection
Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. Keeping our customers delighted – we call it WOW Service – is what gets us out of bed with a smile every day.
We believe businesses deserve more from their telephone service provider. With our flexible phone system in the cloud, we provide our customers optimal availability and mobility. Voys has been liberating businesses from outdated telephone systems for over 12 years. In 2013 we branched out to South Africa and serve the country from our Cape Town office. Voys has the highest customer satisfaction score in the industry. And not just our customers are satisfied. It is our conviction that happy customers are the direct result of happy colleagues.
To provide a model, and inspire other organisations to become people-centric while offering services that enhance people centricity in organisations. We aim to create an environment where everybody enjoys going to work, feels their talents are fully utilised and they have the ability to develop their full potential.
The Ideal Candidate
What are we looking for?
You’re passionate about delivering excellent customer experience, great at admin and get deep satisfaction from helping people. You have a healthy work-ethic and you are analytical, which enables you to improve work processes. Being organised, precise and working methodically comes naturally to you. Work smarter, not harder! You’re willing to ask and learn, and you’re not afraid to share your opinion. You can handle feedback well and have plenty of experience interacting with customers.
Your main responsibility
You will be responsible for all financial admin tasks of Voys.. A big part of your work will comprise of good ol’ fashioned bookkeeping and managing accounts receivables. Voys is growing rapidly and systems and procedures need to grow with growing demands. You’ll therefore also be responsible for streamlining the admin processes and coming up with ways to do things smarter.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Invoicing customers. Mainly monthly via batch import;
- Capturing procurement invoices and bank transactions from FNB, Sagepay and Payfast;
- Reconciling transactions;
- Generating and submitting debit order batches via Sagepay;
- Proactively managing cash flow;
- Accounts receivable management;
- Sending reminders
- Chasing debts (telephone and email)
- Suspending debtors’ phone services
- Blacklisting debtors
- Taking legal action against debtors
- Designing and implementing debt collection strategy
- Occasionally coordinating with our accountant and with the finance colleagues of our sister branch in the Netherlands;
- Preparing and presenting quarterly reports to team;
- Preparing the books so they are ready for annual review by our external accountant;
- Proposing adjustments and additions to the Voys knowledge base;
- Actively sharing gained insights and knowledge with colleagues.
- You are passionate about providing excellent customer service;
- Have at least 5-10 years of experience in accounts, bookkeeping, debt collections or similar;
- You are passionate about numbers and admin;
- You have intermediate to advanced MS Excel/ Google Sheets skills;
- You are an attentive and active listener;
- You have excellent communication skills; both verbally and in writing;
- You are organised, very diligent, work methodically, good at multitasking and able to prioritise;
- Achieving results: You have a continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, are tenacious and thorough and show good business acumen;
- Self-management: You are proactive, show initiative, are self-confident, adaptable and have a strong sense of personal accountability;
- You are a problem-solver, solutions-thinker. Able to think on your feet;
- You think ahead. Pre-empting any issues that might occur.
- You have a degree – financial/business;
- Exposure to legal background;
- Are excited about internet/tech and innovation;
- Experience in handling escalated situations;
- Experience using SagePay and Xero;
- Experience working independently in a minimally structured environment.
What will you be getting?
Become an integral part of a passionate team looking to redefine how organisations treat both their people and their customers, while at the same time seizing the incredible cloud-based phone system opportunity in South Africa. You will be able to play a significant role in shaping the direction of this fast-growing venture.
- A varied job, where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone has the opportunity to lead a project and become a domain specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels;
- The freedom to organise the way you work together with your peers. On the condition that you do it in the ‘Tone of Voys’: open, personal, supporting, and; with a bit of humour;
- An awesome office in Cape Town’s Atlantic Seaboard;
- Growth and development.
- Benefits: Medical aid contribution, income protector, study budget and more.